The British Golf Industry Association (BGIA) is the national trade association representing UK manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers of golf products and services.
Prerequisites of BGIA Membership
- Must be predominantly engaged in the manufacture, wholesale and/or distribution of golf products and services to the trade, either directly or through Agents and Representatives.
- Must operate from UK business premises.
- Must fulfil the legal obligations for company registration in the country of operation.
- Must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months.
- Must be supported by the BGIA Membership.
- Must sign the Association’s Professional Code of Conduct.
Companies related to the golf industry that are not directly engaged in the manufacture, wholesale and/or distribution of golf products and services to the trade may apply for Associate Membership.
Benefits of membership include:
- Professional Code of Conduct
In achieving membership of the Association, all members have to meet the required standards for operational proficiency and integrity plus demonstrate they possess the relevant commercial acumen required by the Association.
- Information and Networking
BGIA provides its members with regular email updates, ensuring that members are kept up-to-date with the wider industry, Government policy, news, Standard updates and any regulations which may affect the industry.
- Statistical Data: Members receive Quarterly Dashboard reports which includes GB rounds played.
- Meetings: Members have the opportunity of networking at meetings arranged by the BGIA throughout the year, including the Annual General Meeting and Dinner and opportunities at The Open annually.
- Promoting Members
Along with many cost-saving benefits, BGIA members benefit from exposure to the marketplace through various tools and activities, including:
- Website Lisiting
- Social Media
The BGIA works within the Federation of Sports and Play Association’s umbrella. The FSPA is a non-profit seeking organisation and has a long history of servicing the sports and play industries.
How to join the British Golf Industry Association
Complete the following online form for an application pack.